As a mom, I am implementing some new things around the house to save energy. I want to teach my little one to be conscious of the energy she is using and how to preserve it.
I have teamed up with Energy Upgrade California to share some of the ways you can save energy around your home.
There are so many little things you can do around your home that make a big difference!
Here are some of the ways we save energy in our household:
- Turn off electronics and unplug them. Turning off electronics is great but still use some electricity. When I’m not using my phone charger, I unplug it. It’s better for the life of the charger too!
- Fill the dishwasher up. In our household, we only run the dishwasher when it’s full. Otherwise, we hand wash.
- Wash your clothes with cold water. Using the cold cycle of the washing machine takes less electricity. It’s also good for the fabric and color preservation of your clothes.
- Dim the TV or upgrade. We have a smart, energy efficient TV that dims based on the lighting to save energy. Alternatively, you can adjust your TV’s brightness to 10-15% less.
- Turn lights off. This is the easiest thing to do but yet the hardest to get everyone on the same page on. Try to get the whole family to make a conscious effort to do it!
By making these small changes around your home you can save energy and make a huge impact on energy conservation.
How will you “Do Your Thing” to save energy? Tell me in the comments!
Are You a Busy Mama?
Subscribe now to get your FREE cheatsheet: 10 Amazing Tips & Tools for Busy Mom's to Stay Healthy + a whole lot more #momlife related content.