This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Healthy4School #CollectiveBias
Staying healthy in the back-to-school season is a challenge.
Moms really have to be pro-active to keep their kids healthy going into Fall.
As the seasons change, a new cold and flu season comes with it.
When the kids go back to school, they tend to spread their germs around and get each other sick. Sometimes everyone in your house will get sick too. Moms must stock up on the essentials like ChapStick® and Centrum® Multi-benefit Multi-Gummy® to keep everyone in the family happy & healthy.
In our household we battle asthma and eczema, so it’s super important to be pro-active so there we don’t get sick. Kids with asthma really have to be careful because sometimes a cold or flu can bring on an acute asthma attack. It leads to weeks of no sleep, coughing, trouble breathing and a very worried mama.
Luckily, after a few years of motherhood under my belt, I’ve come up with some pretty rockin’ ideas for staying healthy for the whole family.
With all the hustle and bustle of the back-to-school season and holidays right around the corner, staying healthy can be a challenge.
Here are 10 Tips and Tools: The Busy Moms Guide To Staying Healthy!
- Rest. No, I’m not kidding. Even though sometimes this is a comical situation. My (almost) three year old hasn’t slept a full night in over a month and this mama is exhausted. On top of that she is starting to get into the no-nap phase. No bueno. Some things that are working for us is to take a break to rest. On days the little one skips nap, we lay in bed and watch some toons or she reads a book. This at least gives us a break during the day. Most days we can do this for 1-2 hours and it really helps.
- Take a daily multi-vitamin. When I was younger, my dad always told me to take these and I ignored him. I’ve never been good at remembering to take a daily vitamin. When I got pregnant it was imperative to take a daily prenatal vitamin. After that, I just continued the habit. My fave is Centrum® MultiGummies®. Gummies are just more fun aren’t they!
“New Centrum® MultiGummies® for Men and Women. So advanced, they have more Vitamin D3 than any other men’s or women’s gummy^”
^Among leading men’s and women’s gummy multivitamins.
- Hydrate. We all know drinking lots of water is good for us. The thing I hear most is that drinking water is “boring” or it has no flavor. One way to spice up water is to drink infused water. Some of my faves are lemon and mint or blackberry and sage. You can also add lemon, honey and cayenne pepper and it will cleanse your body. Flushing your system of all the toxins is important. I do it about once a month. It also sheds the water weight and makes you feel less bloated.
- Make time for yourself. Moms just don’t get enough time to themselves. We take care of the kids, house and make sure everything runs smoothly. And we love doing it! I seriously wouldn’t trade being a wife or mama for anything in the whole wide world. That being said, “me” time is essential. One of my recent faves is taking a hot oatmeal bath, diffusing some essential oils and putting on a calming CD or Internet radio station. I close my eyes and sit in the peace for a little bit and just chill. This is my happy place.
- Hydrate your lips with ChapStick®.
“Moisturizes & softens for smooth lips everyday”
The weather is dry and your lips need to retain their moisture too. Everyone should stock up on ChapStick® for the back-to-school and Fall season. I have one everywhere I go: in my purse, room, at work, etc. I can’t remember the last ChapStick® I’ve actually finished to the end of the tube because, like socks, they seem to disappear into thin air. That’s why you gotta have plenty.
- Have routines. A good morning routine and bedtime routine can really eliminate stress in your day. In the morning, I wake up 15-30 minutes before my daughter so I can ease into the day. I slowly wake up, get the coffee brewing and get ready for my day. At night, we do things the same way each night: dinner, bath (every other day), book/quiet TV time, and then lay with my kiddo until she falls asleep. After that I go into my room for some quality time with my hubby. We binge watch our favorite shows, play video games with each-other or, when we’re really exhausted, go to sleep.
- Keep a day planner and use it. I grew up using a day planner. I was lost without it. Sometime in my early twenties I got away from using it. Now, being a wife and mama, it’s essential. I’ve tried using the calendar in my phone and it just doesn’t work for me. It’s trial and error what will work for you. I got one that fits in my purse so I can take it everywhere I go. It has daily, weekly and monthly pages so I keep all the schedules and to-do lists straight.
- Eat well. I love Pizza and I just won’t give it up. But I’m not too hard on myself. It’s all in moderation. Eating a balanced diet will give you more energy and make your body feel good. One way to monitor what’s in my food is to cook at home. I try to eat 5 dinners a week at home and pack 2-3 lunches a week. If I could do every day, I would. Otherwise, eating out you don’t really know what oil they use, and what is actually in your food. Also, I like to have a smoothie in the morning to get me going. I’ve come up with some killer recipes like Blueberry Muffin and Chocolate covered strawberry that the whole family love. Make sure to try them!
- Use Essential Oils. I recently starting using essential oils and they are life-changing. Now I know what all the fuss is about. I diffuse different oils in my diffuser depending on the situation. In the morning, I love Sunshine Spice. It’s uplifting and energizing. It really gets me going for the day. At night, I like Relaxation. It has Lavender in it and calms me. I also have some for respritory ease. This has been awesome for my little one’s asthma. I haven’t joined any of the major companies and am not loyal to one brand yet, but I do make sure they are 100% essential oil.
- Don’t worry, be happy. When you wake up in the morning, make a conscious decision to be happy. Smile during the day. You will automatically feel better. Positivity breeds positivity. If you have a positive outlook, you will have positive outcomes. Not always, stuff happens. It’s life. But if you dwell in the negativity you will be stuck in it.
You can find all the things you need at Walmart. They have a wide selection of Centrum® Multi-benefit MultiGummies®for adults or Centrum® Vitamints® and ChapStick®.
There are lots of brands out there, but ChapStick® is the original. I love all the different flavor options too.
Do you have any go-to tips for staying healthy to share? Give me some ideas to add in the comments.
Pin for later: